Some might say breakfast is the the most important meal of the day. The reason behind this is that it’s the first meal you eat, so why not start the day off good by eating good? We know mornings can be a little hectic. Between missing your alarm to getting the kids ready for school and out the door, there just doesn’t seem to be enough time in the morning to make a proper breakfast.
So what should you do in early morning situations like this? You don’t want to skip breakfast because—let’s face it—food is too good to reject.
Remember, breakfast is not rocket science. You can actually whip up some tasty breakfast meals for your family in just under two minutes. Trust us, your day is going to thank you for those two minutes you spent in the morning. Food is fuel!
Tips to prepare yourself for a quick breakfast meal
Deciding what to eat for breakfast can actually take up most of our breakfast time. Instead, plan out what you will be having for breakfast when you are making your grocery list, or simply decide the night before to make sure you have the ingredients you need.
Some breakfast items can be prepped and cooked a day before and still be fresh in the morning. With that being said, prep the items you can in advance the night before so that you can focus on the time-sensitive aspects of meal prep.
It’s important to take time to consume your food, as you don’t want to end up with an upset stomach. It’s okay if you don’t have time to sit and eat—but take it on the go instead of skipping breakfast entirely!
If you have established that your mornings are busy, minimize the amount of dishes you have to do by selecting on-the-go breakfasts.
So are you ready to take the early morning two-minute meal challenge? Because we are!
Early Morning Two-Minutes Meals
There are tons of breakfast ideas out there, but we have created a shortlist of some of the best that you can make in two minutes—and they are super easy to make. You can modify them to your liking, too.
For the egg lovers: Avocado Toast with a Fried Egg
1. Fry 2 eggs—you can have them over-easy, sunny-side up, or whichever way you prefer.
2. Add 2 slices of bread into the toaster.
3. While you are waiting, cut your avocados in half and remove the pit.
4. Scoop one half of the avocado on first slice of toast. Use a fork to mash the avocado evenly.
5. Add your fried egg on top and grind some pepper and salt into it for added flavour.
For the planners: Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats
1. In a bowl, mash half a banana and ¼ cup of blueberries
2. Add 1/3 cup of oats
3. Add 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight
5. In the morning, drizzle honey and top off with granola and banana slices
For the on the go-er: Strawberry Banana Spinach Smoothie
1. Add 1 banana
2. Add 1 loose cup of spinach—trust us, you can’t even taste it
3. ½ cup frozen strawberries
4. 1 cup of almond milk
5. Blend and add to
For the multi-tasker: Yogurt and Chia seeds
1. 150g of Greek yogurt—that’s one container of the prepackaged yogurt
2. Add 1 tbsp of chia seeds
3. Add 1 tbsp of honey
4. Mix together and let it sit for 10 minutes or take it on the go
For the track-star: Hard boil eggs and a banana
1. Boil your eggs for 10 minutes—you can prepare this up to 1 week
2. Peel your 2 eggs and throw them into a container or plastic bag
3. Grab your banana and go!
We hope these five recipes will help you kick-start your early morning two-minute breakfast adventures. Share your favourite two-minute breakfast recipes with us—and if you have any hacks on making your mornings smoother, we would love to hear them too!
Having a healthy breakfast is great way to start off your day strong. If you find that you don't have time to cook and prepare your other meals, try a meal plan. It will save you tons of time and ensure you are fueling your body with good food.
Browse our Menu and check out our meal plans!